2014/11/27

Birthday wishes

Today, it's my birthday. Recently, I've been regarding birthdays as New Year's Eves, aka resolution making days. So here are a few things I want to do (differently) being 32.

- spend quality time with myself regularly
- less shoulds
- start doing 'something more' with my life and start realizing my community based goals
- be braver

Spend quality time with myself regularly: It's funny, I've never hated myself, but if I want to be honest, I have to acknowledge that I don't really love myself. I mean, I think I love myself, but if I look at the way I treat myself, it's sure not the way to treat someone you love. I believe, I deserve the best things in life, but I hardly ever give the best from myself. It's time to act upon my words and beliefs.

Less shoulds: It's time to cut the crap. Recently, I've often told myself, I should do this or do that and I didn't feel like doing any of those things. So maybe I should just start doing what I feel like doing and stop wasting time on the shoulds.

Start doing 'something more' with my life and start realizing my community based goals: I have a few causes I've always dreamt about supporting, yet I haven't joined any organisations supporting or fighting those causes. So it's time to act.

Be braver: You know that cliché about amazing things happening outside your comfort zone? Although, I've changed a lot, I still have shy and/or introvert days, when I find it really hard to speak to people. But I love hearing people's stories, so I want to be brave enough to walk up to them and ask.

Do you make birthday resolutions? What does your ideal birthday celebration looks like? Let me know in the Comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment