It is said, that creating a new habit takes 30 days. I love jewellery, but I always forget to wear any. I've decided to change that, so I'm challenging myself to wear jewellery for 30 days. It'll take me six weeks to complete this goal as I'm committing to wear jewellery only on workdays. Two days are already behind me.
Do you love jewellery? What is your favourite piece? Let me know in the Comments below!
A few months ago, I filled out a survey, that drew me a wheel of life based on the results. I guess, I don't have to tell you, that it's a wheel with which it's impossible to move. One of the most critical areas, that I have to improve is my physical environment. So I decided to buy a plant. It has to be relatively small, something that's easy to care for and that loves sun.
Do you have plants in your house? If not, why; do you let them dry out or you over-water them? Let me know in the Comments below!
This is going to be a short entry. I have my 3 major goals for 2015 and also my mantra.
3. Create Life
Play by my own rules.
May 2015 be your best year yet!
|Images: here, here and here|
What are your major goals for 2015? What are you most excited about to achieve? Let me know in the Comments below!
Usually, I don't do weekly goals. Actually, I've never done weekly goals. But my horoscope by Free People for the first week of December is so good, that I decided to make an exception.
This is my basis: "Personal growth, adventure, self-expression, love, creativity, travel, inspiration, fun—it’s all possible when you tap into the positive flow of energy."
So here's the crude summary of my November goals' achievement:
1. Consecrate time to myself: I totally did this. And whenever I did it, I instantly felt better. It's something I want to turn into a habit and keep on doing. First, it's important and second, recently, I've been learning so much about myself! From time to time the image of my ideal self shifts. At the moment, I'm experiencing another shift and like always I feel, if I reach this new ideal me, I can be very proud of myself. So right now I'm brimming with enthusiasm.
2. Find a new job: I have gone to the local unemployment office with a new CV, but I think, I could still polish it some more. Is there anybody else out there hating their CV? I've accomplished some great things, but it's just so boring! I've taken more help and used more information to find a new job than previously, but I'm still not satisfied.
3. Make a plan for next year: In my head, I have some vague ideas about the areas I want to focus on more, but I didn't really sit down and plan. So this one still needs to be done.
4. Go to France for my birthday: I did it! And it was my favourite goal for November. I went to Metz as my friend has gone completely AWOL, and it was an amazing experience. I love architecture and photographing old buildings and I've seen so many beautiful ones. By the time I've arrived home I was bursting with positive energy and inspiration. As a birthday present for myself, I bought the Christmas issue of my two favourite (French) interior design magazines.
What was your favourite goal for November (on your own list)? Anyone else who loves traveling for their birthdays? Let me know in the Comments below!
Today, it's my birthday. Recently, I've been regarding birthdays as New Year's Eves, aka resolution making days. So here are a few things I want to do (differently) being 32.
- spend quality time with myself regularly
- less shoulds
- start doing 'something more' with my life and start realizing my community based goals
- be braver
Spend quality time with myself regularly: It's funny, I've never hated myself, but if I want to be honest, I have to acknowledge that I don't really love myself. I mean, I think I love myself, but if I look at the way I treat myself, it's sure not the way to treat someone you love. I believe, I deserve the best things in life, but I hardly ever give the best from myself. It's time to act upon my words and beliefs.
Less shoulds: It's time to cut the crap. Recently, I've often told myself, I should do this or do that and I didn't feel like doing any of those things. So maybe I should just start doing what I feel like doing and stop wasting time on the shoulds.
Start doing 'something more' with my life and start realizing my community based goals: I have a few causes I've always dreamt about supporting, yet I haven't joined any organisations supporting or fighting those causes. So it's time to act.
Be braver: You know that cliché about amazing things happening outside your comfort zone? Although, I've changed a lot, I still have shy and/or introvert days, when I find it really hard to speak to people. But I love hearing people's stories, so I want to be brave enough to walk up to them and ask.
Do you make birthday resolutions? What does your ideal birthday celebration looks like? Let me know in the Comments below!
It turns out October was not that full of energy as I initially felt, so it's up to November to get things moving forward. Here are the goals I hope to achieve this month:
1. Consecrate time to myself
2. Find a new job
3. Make a plan for next year so that I know what needs to be done in preparation
4. Go to France for my birthday
So my November list is slightly shorter, but the goals are also somewhat more bulky.
Consecrate time to myself: I realized, that if I want to have more energy, I shouldn't simply not work during the weekends or 'relax', but seriously consacrate quality time to myself, when I do things I enjoy, no matter how impractical those things may be. Like solving a sudoku puzzle.
Find a new job: It's time to finish polishing that CV and go to the local unemployment office and take all the help and information they offer to find a new job quickly. Like always, I look for a job I enjoy, where I'm inspired and motivated and that finally grants me financial security, paying a salary matching my expertise.
Make a plan for next year: If you don't know what you want, no wonder you don't move forward. So it's time to get clear. It's time to define those vague ideas.
Go to France for my birthday: I write France, because I'm not sure if my friend will take me to Paris, or I'll go alone, but then only to Metz. Either trip will be great fun, so I really look forward to this.
What do you look forward to achieving in November? It's Thanksgiving at the end of November, does that influence your November goals? Let me know in the Comments below!